For almost 200 years, Doulton products have been considered to be among the finest in quality and craftsmanship.Since its inception, the company started by John Doulton, did business using the following names: The beautiful ceramic pieces being produced by Doulton & Company in the late 1800s were noticed by the British Royal family including Queen Victoria.
This small line indicates which year the item has been produced.
He trained the sculptor George Tinworth who joined Doulton as the first resident sculptor in 1867.
Tinworth enjoyed a long career at the Lambeth studio, producing a wide range of figures, vases, jugs, tankards and reliefs, as well as fountains and monumental sculptures.
These brands are now owned by WWRD Holdings Ltd (Waterford Crystal, Wedgwood, Royal Doulton), based in Barlaston near Stoke-on-Trent.
On 2 July 2015 the acquisition of WWRD by the Fiskars Corporation was completed.
Royal Doulton was an English company producing tableware and collectables, dating from 1815.